Alisa Huffman MSW, JD
Family & Elder Law
311 S Academy Street
Cary, NC 27511
Help me help more people!
If you have been checking my website, I previously had an SOS message about my larger-than-I-can-manage caseload. With the help of others, I have now caught up and am not overwhelmed. I am accepting new clients. My capacity for crisis cases is still a bit diminished, but improving. I am still looking for another attorney who wants to fall in love with the practice of Elder Law.
Please spread the word: HELP WANTED!
Seeking mature, passionate and motivated attorney desiring to dedicate their legal career to all things aging: Estate planning, long-term care planning, estate administration, and crisis and safety planning support for clients and their family and friends.
This nine-year profitable business model is based on traditional social work principles and values that are professionally and personally satisfying. Because we serve clients who are dealing with some of the hardest issues in life: death, disability, painful family dynamics, mortality and one's legacy, candidates need to be emotionally secure, well grounded, and have a demonstrated ability to set healthy boundaries.
If interested, please call and schedule an introductory Zoom meeting.
Important life transitions
- Making plans and executing documents that reflect your values and wishes for your healthcare, property/estate, finances, and quality of life
- Discussing options, and assessing financial resources to pay for long-term healthcare
- Coordinating care for an elderly loved one who has lost some independence and needs assistance with activities of daily living
- Leaving a marriage with a fair settlement that prioritizes healthy, non-adversarial relationships
- Planning for your spouse, child, or other loved one who might need assistance after you die
- Initial Consultation: I schedule up to two hours for the initial consultation to assess your unique family situation and develop a plan of action
- Advise & draft life planning documents and contracts
- Last Will and Testament
- Advance Directives (Living Will & Healthcare Power of Attorney)
- Durable Power of Attorney (Financial)
- Caregiver Agreements
- Separation Agreements for collaborative law representation
- Medicaid planning
- Assess financial costs and project how your specific resources can best be used for long-term care
- In-home care
- Independent living (with/without on-site care)
- Assisted living
- Memory care
- Skilled nursing
- Continuing care retirement community (CCRC)
- Assist clients with planning for, and applying for Medicaid
- Administer estate through probate process
- Manage all legal documents to effectively and efficiently administer an estate to resolve all claims and appropriately distribute assets
- Submit probate documents to Clerk of Court's Estate Division (all 100 counties)
- Provide comprehensive guidance to Executors and Administrators in the legal, practical and emotional aspects of estate administration
I often provide free, educational seminars for seniors & caregivers
- How good planning leads to peace of mind and increased confidence
- Essential legal documents and why they are important
- Planning for healthcare and options to pay for care
- How to best use professionals and nonprofessionals to develop and implement your long-term life-care plan